PB G4 400 MHz needs new logic board HELP

LookInsideMyHead at aol.com LookInsideMyHead at aol.com
Sat Oct 25 09:02:23 PDT 2003

PB G4 400 MHz needs new logic board HELP

Hi

I plugged in a Lacie HD into my powerbook last night and it appears to have
fried the firewire port and shorted out the logic board --

has anyone ever heard of this happening?

Anyway so what are my options as I don't have apple care and the tech at the
apple store said for sure I need a new logic board.

where is the best place to find a logic board for a PB G4 400 MHz and if i
have to get new logic board can it be faster then what was in previous or is it
even worth putting money into the computer as this one is an early g4 laptop
and with the new ibooks out costing so little I'm not sure what to do well cept
money is an issue so i guess i will have to fix my Ti that has worked
flawlessly for 2 years and just all sudden plugging in an external firewire drive or
Nikon digi cam shorts out the port and logic board.

Ok I won't rant just I am frustrated and feel apple should take some of the
responsibility for fixing this as the plugging in of a firewire digi cam or
external HD shouldn't short the whole computer out like it has.

So where do I look for a new logic board and should I try and do logic board
and CPU upgrade or??

Also since I still have the original 10 gig HD in the PB i want to get larger
harder drive like 30 or 40 gig and would appreciate suggestions and who has
the best deals...If anyone on the list has a spare logic board and wants to
sell or has hard drive they wont to sell please let me know AND if anyone has any
info on getting apple to fix a logic board when computer is out of apple care
please let me know.

much thanks
Nikki