Mixing Power Adapters

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Wed Oct 29 11:07:30 PST 2003

I  have an older Titanium PowerBook and a new Aluminum PowerBook. I had two
power adapters with the TiBook and got a new one with the AlBook.  The TiBook
power units are 45 watts and I think the AlBook units are 65 watts.

I've been using all three interchangeably on both PowerBooks.

I'm writing to see if anyone has authoritative knowledge as to whether this
is a good idea or not?

The TiBook power adapters do seem to charge up the AlBook OK, though since
the battery time on the AlBook is a lot worse than the TiBook, which doesn't
seem as though it should be the fault of the power adapter if the indicator
says 100%.  I did calibrate all batteries according to instructions.

--
Dennis Fazio
dfz at mac.com