[Ti] Panther FireWire debacle

Susan Rennie rennies at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 31 14:37:40 PST 2003

At 1:26 PM -0800 10/31/03, Steve Wozniak wrote:
>At 12:36 PM -0500 2003.10.31, Henry Kalir wrote:
>
>>Think about it...how many hours have we lost dealing with stuff like
>>this?? Whatever happened to the old plug and play of yore?
>
>All I can say is that I lost a lot of time due to Panther.
>
>Snip, snip
>
>Regards,
>
>Steve  (is tv wake zone?)
>
>----------
  How strange! I haven't had any problem (after 5 days) using Panther.
My desktop is the same. Eudora seems a tad slower, but Safari,
Explorer, Office are working as always. I love Expose. Of course I
followed advice given by old hands on the osx list: removed 3rd part
log in stuff, ran repair permissions and booted from the boot disk to
check the drive,then did archive and install, and repaired
permissions again after installation.

Susan

--
TiBook 800Mhz, 1GB RAM