[Ti] SMTP MAC.COM SERVER NIGHTMARE

cbirds cbirds at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 1 11:08:28 PDT 2003

On Monday, September 1, 2003, at 01:03  PM, Michael Bigley wrote:

> I would just like to see smtp.mac.com work consistently enough that I
> could use it all the time. Not only is mac.com the most expensive
> email service out there, in my experience, it is the least reliable. I
> finally ditched mac.com for smtp entirely and just use my base ISP's
> SMTP.

Even if I had .mac, I can't see why I would use it as my SMTP when I
have a perfectly good cable SMTP from which all mail is sent.

> BTW, I keep trying Mail.app every time they upgrade it, but have yet
> to find it viable for the type and volume of email that I use. Based
> on the current level of development, it will be at least a year,
> probably 2 before it reaches a "professional" level.  Let's face it,
> Mail is being developed for Apple's home users foremost, not for
> business/professionals.

True...even OE works better, but Emailer was the very best and I still
use it on a separate machine.
Yes I know I can run it under emulation while working in X but I hate
the emulator and if I'm going to be in X it's going to be 100% because
otherwise it slows me down.
The only thing I would need 9 for is Real Encoding, my digital Olympus
which has yet to create drivers for the camera, and Emailer.