[Ti] smtp mac.com server nightmare <--allcaps adj.

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Mon Sep 1 11:34:42 PDT 2003

>Even if Mail 'catches up' with Emailer (which I doubt will happen in
>my lifetime), none of them is as feature-rich and configurable (i.e.
>as 'powerful') as Eudora (the latest beta of which roars in OS X).

I agree wholeheartedly, Flipper. It seems there has been a
regeneration of development of Eudora for OSX and the v6 beta is rock
solid; the spam filtering is the most intuitive and powerful I have
seen on the client side. With no extra configuration on my part the
Eudora Spam filters have deposited 99% of the several dozen copies of
SoBig I get every Friday and Sunday.

Yes, they have done little to the GUI since I started using it in
1993, but unlike so many who find multiple windows intrusive, I am
fond of them, and incorporate them into my email work flow. For
example, leaving a window open that certain email filters to serves
as a reminder that I either must respond or have tasks related to
that email that are undone. Also, if I am expecting an urgent email,
I make sure that person's window is closed, so the pop up of the
window will catch my immediate attention. Since Eudora remembers
window positions, size, etc. I recognize certain messages simply by
the location I have placed the window in.
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com