[Ti] smtp mac.com server nightmare <--allcaps adj.

cbirds cbirds at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 1 11:32:12 PDT 2003

On Monday, September 1, 2003, at 02:14  PM, b wrote:

> I don't follow all that, exactly, with the php. Why not use Eudora and
> have it dump incoming php docs to a 'watched' folder in BBEdit? You
> can set BBEdit to format/syntax check and import/export as
> CodeWarrior, or nearly anything else. it would allow you to remain in
> OS X, and you could give Mail.app the old heave ho.

Gosh I hate Eudora, sorry!

What I meant by the above was, that my server on X lets me render PHP
pages without having to upload every little change, and I can see the
complete page compiled not just the text and so can those to whom I
give out my local URL. But the problem is, the content is being fed to
me by any number of clients, via email, and I like to copy and paste
right into the pages...after selecting the information.
When working on 9, I did this from the many accounts I had configured
into Emailer, which has never crashed ONCE in it's lifetime, but of
course, OS 9's server does not allow me to run PHP locally.....
So far I've been getting along, but I just don't trust Mail with my
saved mail like I did with Emailer which was simple and easy to back up.

> Even if Mail 'catches up' with Emailer (which I doubt will happen in
> my lifetime), none of them is as feature-rich and configurable (i.e.
> as 'powerful') as Eudora (the latest beta of which roars in OS X).

I understand that Emailer does not have some of the alternative types
of connection functions but outside of that it still has the best
interface and such for managing multiple accounts, which I keep in
order to keep information straight for each domain, so that updates can
  be timely and accurate. The connect script is easily altered with a
custom Applescript to make it fully compliant with the way today's
servers log you in, and since the cable company fixed my wiring, I've
had no error messages on send like I used to.
(The cable company blamed me, when I maintained it was them all along,
and it was...)