[Ti] PB G4 Will not Start - HELP

Jeffrey K. Lew jklew at ucla.edu
Tue Sep 2 14:21:28 PDT 2003

>My daughter had a similar problem with her 155" TiPB. If I remember
>correctly, we unplugged the power supply, took out the battery.
>Waited 30 secs to 1 minute. Pressed the reset button in the back of
>the computer (tiny round thing requires a ball point pen or paper
>clip). Held down that thing for 30 secs. Put everything back
>together. If that doesn't work, I'd have to agree that it's a
>problem with the power supply.
>
>David

Don't hold the reset button for 30 sec. Just push it and release,
then wait for 5 sec., then attempt a restart. Holding the reset
button could fry the mail logic board, according to Apple Tech (they
gave me the impression they would void the warranty or escalate your
repair tier, if they thought the MLB died from "reset button abuse").

Jeff Lew
UCLA Atmospheric Sciences