Furthermore this is more Comcast BS

CBIRDS cbirds at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 4 14:17:22 PDT 2003

Here is part of the explanation I finally got from Comcast:

"Q: Why am I getting an error message saying that I'm connecting too
frequently?

A: Our mail server has limitations to manage the amount of e-mail that is
transmitted through it. This is done as a means to stop Spam and other
unwanted messages. The error message you are receiving indicates that you
are connecting to send e-mail through our server an excessive number of
times. Normal email message transactions utilizing software such as Outlook
Express only require one connection at a time to send any of the mail in the
Outbox. The limitations were created with this in mind and should not affect
any normal customer e-mail usage. If you would like to discuss your need to
connect more frequently to the mail servers, please contact our Network
Abuse department at: Abuse at Comcast.net.

Q: What are the specific message and connection limitations on the SMTP
server?

A: We are not addressing the specific numbers, rather the impact that
unusually heavy message traffic can have on our service as a whole.

Furthermore, traffic of this magnitude is usually indicative of "Spam", a
mass-mailing virus, or other such unwanted e-mail."
-end-

Again I say, bullwhacky.

But seriously, what it is about Mail.app that is not letting the
"connection" pick up everything like this does? I am currently writing this
from the "road" on a blueberry iBook, dialed up with Earthlink, and using OE
on OS 9.2.2.
I am picking up Comcast email and several other accounts too.
Other than this is over a phone line, this never hiccups and in fact works
much faster for mail than Mail.app at home on X on my G4 machines.

What is different about Mail.app that is making Comcast think I am a
spammer? It is quite ironic since of all persons, I hate spammers probably
more than anyone and go to great lengths to avoid it. I think spammers are
despicable.