[Ti] Original 17" AL can also support 2GB RAM, for those who didn't know.

Chris Rock stinger at pixar.com
Tue Sep 16 17:49:49 PDT 2003

I have am ordering my 2gb this weekend, and 2 of my office mates have
2gb in their Original 17" AL units, though they had it a few weeks ago,
and paid a pretty penny, I am looking around for the best deal on the
1gb chips.

If you look at the developer whitepaper the 17" AL original, the chipset
in it supports 2GB, the reason it wasn't offered before was because the
chips weren't out in any real bulk until the last month or 2.

- Rock