[Ti] Original 17" AL can also support 2GB RAM, for those who didn't know.

Chris Rock stinger at pixar.com
Tue Sep 16 17:51:14 PDT 2003

Also as note:

"Trans Intl. today announced the worldwide availability of a 1 Gigabyte
(GB) DDR333 (Double Data Rate) memory module for the Apple Powerbook G4
(1 GHz 17 inch model). Trans Intl.'s 1 Gigabyte (GB) memory modules
double the system's main memory in Apple 17 inch Powerbook (1 GHz G4
Models) to 2 Gigabytes (GB) of available RAM. This makes the Powebook
equal in memory capacity to the current desktop Power Macintosh computers.
As the number of Macintosh users looking to replace desktop models with
slim Powerbooks grow, Trans Intl DDR333 modules provide Powerbook users
with desktop-like power by offering 1 GB of memory density for each
memory expansion socket. The Apple 17 inch Powerbook 1 GHz G4 Model has
two memory expansion sockets for main memory expansion. Trans Intl.
memory modules conform to Apple's stringent electrical and mechanical
design guide lines. Please click here for pricing and availability."
http://www.transintl.com/store/category.cfm?Category=942

This was posted back on 7/26/03

and this is where my office mates got their 2gb kits for their Original
17" units.

-Rock