[Ti] The Benchmarks

Chris Rock stinger at pixar.com
Thu Sep 18 16:07:58 PDT 2003

Hmm well don't give up just yet Peter. I use Maya 5.0 on my PB 17" and I
had also ran it on my 15" Ti 1ghz ( the last rev model they made ) which
has a Radeon 9000 mobility, and in Maya my 17" with it's GeForce 4 440
go  64mb was 3 to 4 times faster overall then the Radeon 9000. It really
is application dependant in the end. I mean look at the benchmarks for
Half Life 2 for the PC is going, The Nvidia boards are running like
garbage and the ATI boards are reigning supereme ( 3 to 5 times faster)
While in Maya on the PC the ATI boards are very poor compared to the
Nvidia boards. I would say use your own apps as the benchmark, these
synthetic benchmarks are not really worth anything to the end user. What
is important is the apps you use on a daily basis, be that games, or
Pshop or Maya.

- Rock