[Ti] The Benchmarks

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Thu Sep 18 17:17:01 PDT 2003

>Right now, according to these few bench marks, the low-end Centrino at 1.3
>Ghz was keeping up with and beating the pro-line Apple 1.33 Ghz 17"on cpu
>related tasks.
>
>Make of it what you will, but I would think that most pro-line users are
>also performance oriented and they expect pro models to perform better than
>low-end entry level doorstop machines.

This is only important if you still believe that Apple has to beat
Microsoft to be successful; which, history shows, is crap.

To add to Flipper's point, I am only interested in benchmarks
comparing Apples to Apples; the rest is just ego. My Ti500 performs
very well and I would really be interested in how newer boxen relate
to it. It would really be nice to see comparisons of new computers,
with fresh OS installs, optimized drives. If these tests are done
each time a new model is released THEN you have some valuable
comparatives.

To test Photoshop across platforms is like putting a ford at Indy and
a chevy at Kentucky speedway at different times of day, in different
weather conditions, with drivers of different skill levels, driving
each car a lap and calling it a comparative benchmark of performance.
Marketing guys for the winning car would use the stats, but nobody
else would.
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com