[Ti] Sudden Spate of Viruses

A.J.Bos Arjan.Bos at icu.nl
Sat Sep 20 12:26:07 PDT 2003

On zaterdag, sep 20, 2003, at 12:03 Europe/Amsterdam, T.L.Miller wrote:

> Fri, Sep 19, 2003 11:58 PM cbirds at earthlink.net cbirds said:
>
>> Is anyone else getting a sudden onslaught of virii from .nl, and what
>> looks to be a mock up of Microsoft virus fix newsletter of some sort?
>> It's obvious these have faked return addresses but I see in the
>> headers
>> that some have come from .nl, adelphia, comcast, and mindspring
>> (earthlink)
>>
>> It's on this address only.....getting sick of deleting them.
>
> Yes, every day I get the types of messages you describe, but not from
> .nl.

Me too, I get roughly 50 to 60 a day of them, each 144kb or 156kb
large. On a dialup link, that's not funny anymore. My providers says
it's my own fault, since I gave away my email address and they won't do
a thing about it. :-(
Well, it might just be the time to switch providers...

I also noticed that I now get spam selling spam-filters, so maybe it's
a big setup. First flood them with spam and then sell them a means to
stop it.

BTW, Mail.app has this preference you can set for an account that will
warn you if the message you're about to download is larger than a
certain number of kilobytes. Comes in very handy here.

Arjan

-- Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a sick mind -- (Terry
Pratchett)