[Ti] Sudden Spate of Viruses

cbirds cbirds at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 20 12:36:30 PDT 2003

On Saturday, September 20, 2003, at 03:26  PM, A.J.Bos wrote:

> Me too, I get roughly 50 to 60 a day of them, each 144kb or 156kb
> large. On a dialup link, that's not funny anymore. My providers says
> it's my own fault, since I gave away my email address and they won't
> do a thing about it. :-(
> Well, it might just be the time to switch providers...

This is utterly ridiculous. If you are a heavy user of the internet as
I am, you subscribe to newsletters, make purchases, and do learning and
as such your address gets out whether you like it or not. You can ask
it not be sold or given, but that isn't always the case.
Do they feel that just because your phone number is listed in the phone
book that people have the right to call you with advertisements that
you did not ask for? NO! Why should you have to take your listing out
just for that?

> BTW, Mail.app has this preference you can set for an account that will
> warn you if the message you're about to download is larger than a
> certain number of kilobytes. Comes in very handy here.

Gonna try that now......