[Ti] Sudden Spate of Viruses

b fl1pper at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 20 13:54:55 PDT 2003

Tom Warner paused, thought it over, and spoke thusly:

>On Saturday, September 20, 2003, at 03:19 PM, Mark O'Brien wrote:
>
>>Entourage's junk mail filter has been
>>catching them all, but I still have to look at the junk and delete it.
>
>That's why I use POPmonitor to just download the headers and delete
>them from the server.
>
>Tom

I'm using Eudora 6 on Earthlink cable, TimeWarner supplier, 10
addresses, including a hotmail, Three yahoos, 5 Earthlinks, etc, and
haven't seen one of these things yet. My flipper at macsrule account
(DigitalCrowd) started passing spam, and I killed the paid-for
account, altogether, to hell with them.

Yahoo and Earthlink filter a lot into 'Junk' on the server end, where
it empties all on its own, earthlink passes hardly anything past its
own "Known SPAM' box, and my hotmail is only used to facilitate MSN
Messenger for my daily chats with my daughter. So the only 'spam' I
get from that is from "Your friends at MSN, or hotmail", usually
talking about 'patches' and warnings about bogus patches...all MS
stuff.

But two Yahoo addresses and two of my Earthlink addresses have been
on the web for years. I  never limit the size of downloads (that's
been in Eudora since at least ten years).

As for Digital Crowd, their Customer support guys are permanently out
to lunch, so, to wake 'em up a bit, I had all of my (previously
'Spaminated') yahoo junk mail go to a folder in Eudora, where it was
'filtered with "Redirection" to cs at digitalcrowd.com   Uhhh, the junk
from DigitalCrowd/Macsrule stopped, I killed the filtering,  resumed
the collection of Spam on Yahoo's ample servers, and
then...terminated the DigitalCrowd account anyway.

When companies cannot find a way to even respond to the basic
requirements of their clients, the next step is to deny them income.
Corporations, by their nature, hate that.

`flipper