[Ti] Undeletable trash

b fl1pper at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 21 06:12:55 PDT 2003

Tom R. no spam paused, thought it over, and spoke thusly:

>In the Trash case at hand,
>"rm -r" is probably fine; but unwary users should be
>careful about using it anywhere else. :-)

Good point. I forget that some folks might start taking liberties
with the r thing. The rm is irreversible, also, which I didn't
mention.

The funny thing is, I have seen loads of 'tips' on various lists, to
just 'boot into OS 9 and delete from there", which is just as
dangerous. Actually, more so, in that a User doesn't need an Admin
password to wreak havoc. Stories of folks who trashed 'goofy folders
I didn't need...", like usr/bin, var/..., etc come to mind.

~flipper