[Ti] AirPort range on the new 15"?

Tarik tarik at opalblue.com
Mon Sep 22 04:03:59 PDT 2003

On Monday, September 22, 2003, at 07:20  am, Benn wrote:

> On Sunday, September 21, 2003, at 11:42  PM, Dennis Fazio wrote:
>>> The second option would be some sort of extender antenna.  He has
>>> one of
>>> the first model graphite Base Stations.
>>
>> There are instructions on the web somewhere on how to add a small
>> external antenna to a Base Station. It mostly involves drilling a
>> hole in the case so you can get the wire through to the card inside
>> and plug it in.
>
> They can be found within this page:
> http://www.vonwentzel.net/ABS/

I have a question on these lines, couldn't see it linked on the page.

I have one of the orignal Airport basestations which failed due to a
capacitor Apple used inside (and no longer use) which has a very short
lifespan and has failed. All I need to do is to replace that capacitor
for a longer lifetime version.

I have seen instructions on how to do this on a webpage but have lost
them. Any ideas?

--
Tarik

PS just found the page linked on the page above:
http://www.feistworks.com/3comfix/ but thought I would post this anyway
as it could be useful for others.