[Ti] AirPort range on the new 15"?

Bill Fox wfoxjr at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 22 04:03:55 PDT 2003

My 17" does no better than my former Ti-800 and Ti-500. However, all 3
get (got) a solid 4 rings under 30-35', 3-4 rings at 30-40' and 2-3
rings at 40-50' out on the deck at our house. Gray, snow or extreme
Base Stations also were all the same.

Orientation of the BS (sides when looking at the Apple are best), a
higher gain external antenna or a separate BS in the house used as a
repeater or on a switch in the shop wired to the house seem to be the
best choices for extending the signal in your case.