[Ti] Fwd: [G4] DO NOT INSTALL 10.2.8 PULLED BY APPLE

Bill Reburn billreburn at shaw.ca
Wed Sep 24 16:09:14 PDT 2003

On 9/23/03 8:44 PM, "Paul Russell" <prussell at sonic.net> wrote:

>>> DO NOT INSTALL 10.2.8 PULLED BY APPLE
>>>

> Just to add another data point - I'm running 10.2.8 without any
> problems, It seems some people have had problems with the Ethernet
> driver in 10.2.8 but this is easily fixed by restoring the driver
> from 10.2.7 (I backed up my Ethernet driver before applying the
> 10.2.8 update just in case, but as it happens I didn't need it.)
>
> Paul

Likewise - I pulled the numpty maneuver of installing the update as soon as
SU caught it on my work machine. Rebooted my dual G4 1.25 and everything has
been perfectly fine. I work through several Win2000 servers all day.. Email
is fine, all apps are fine.. All good up here!

Just got to my Ti for the first time in a couple days, so looks like I saved
myself some drama.. Anyone here get hosed?

Is the next round in learning how to do *regular backups* the hard way?

I heard Apple is offering some discount on some tools for people who lost
data??

Bill Reburn
Associate Member of the
Society of Graphic Designers