[Ti] New 15" PowerBook not shipped

Jeremy Kezer jeremykezer at mac.com
Sat Sep 27 05:06:04 PDT 2003

Trevor,

>Jeremy - I am pleased that your PB is on target.  Unfortunately, mine is not.
>
>I ordered my new 15" on 17 September, and was told that it would
>arrive here in Switzerland  on Monday 29 September.  They know that
>I leave (again) for Saudi Arabia on Tuesday 30 September, so they
>assigned it "priority".
>
>Yesterday, Apple Store called me to say that it is still being
>assembled in Taiwan, and then to count 3 - 6 days for shipping ...
>so it will arrive here after I have left.  They "regret the
>inconvenience".  The license agreement prevents them shipping it
>directly to Saudi, they said, but I can cancel the order if I want
>to.  Some lack of customer foocus there, I feel.....

I'm very sorry to hear that!  I've heard conflicting reports about
the 12" PowerBook shipments as well.  I'm not sure why mine is
shipping before others who ordered well before me, but it may be due
to me not ordering additional memory from Apple, although it is a CTO
order with the AirPort Extreme card and 60GB hard drive.  Checked
again this morning and it's at Fedex's depot in Indianapolis, so it
may be here Monday!

I don't know what the situation is in your part of the world, but in
the U.S. the Apple Stores and dealers have some of the stock 15"
models in their inventories.  Perhaps call around and see if you can
just walk in and buy one?

Jeremy