[Ti] 10.2.8 - TiBook minor problems

Massimo Marino Massimo_Marino at lbl.gov
Sat Sep 27 05:46:01 PDT 2003

On Saturday, September 27, 2003, at 02:29  PM, PowerBook G4 Titanium
List wrote:

> Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 10:14:50 -0400
> Subject: [Ti] 10.2.8 -  TiBook minor problems
> From: Jennifer Landefeld <jennsbl at mac.com>
>
> Hi All,
>
> I'm not having the ethernet issue but, Safari has gone unbelievably
> flaky on my PB. I didn't wait long enough reading whether folks were
> having issues or not and went ahead and updated my 1GHz TiBook and a
> dual 1.25 G4.
>
> Haven't seen anything on the G4 tower but, I'm definitely experiencing
> the battery issue on the TiBook. Has anyone seen a fix for the battery
> issue (short of waiting for the "fixed" update)? I've only seen a fix
> for the ethernet issue so far.
>
> Thanks,
> Jenn
>
> P.S. Sorry for the cross post for those who read OS X for Users... I
> thought I posted to the PB list. My bad. )-:

For the battery you could try to reset the NVRAM

enter Open Firmware mode:
restart your computer holding down 'command', 'option', 'o', and 'f'

type:
reset-nvram
reset-all

I recovered a bit. I was from 3+ hrs to a short 1.5 hrs. Now I am ~2.5
hrs.
On Apple Discussions the problem appears even with swapped batteries
(ie not installed when the update was performed).
Same battery on OS 9 sports full capacity 3+ hrs.

Cheers

	Massimo