[Ti] pcmcia card causes crashes - any suggestions?

George Reis reis at imagingforensics.com
Mon Sep 29 09:18:21 PDT 2003

Malcolm Hamilton wrote on 09/29/2003 9:11 AM:

> I do see an icon for it in the bar at
> the top of my screen, but when I try to open it from here, I always
> get the kind of crash that causes the screen to darken slightly, with
> a message in a few different languages telling me to shut off the
> power button.

Starting about two or three months ago my pcmcia adapter card began acting a
bit differently also. The problem has been that it has started taking a long
time to display its icon on my screen (as much a a full minute or more).
Because my TiBook is not my primary computer for downloading photos, I have
been unable to diagnose the problem (too many things occur from one use or
the card until the next). I do find that if I run MacJanitor, then restart,
the card works perfect on my next use.

I don't know if this is helpful to your problem, but it could be that your
issue and mine are related. You may want to see if the icon eventually shows
up after a minute or two. You may also want to run a utility like MacJanitor
to see if that gives, at least, temporary help.

George Reis
--
Imaging Forensics <http://www.imagingforensics.com>
Specializing in digital imaging consulting, training, analysis and