[Ti] TechTool Pro 4: eDrive. Won't install!

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Thu Apr 1 08:31:35 PST 2004

Terence Cozad typed this message on 3/31/04 6:16 PM:

> Did you check the drive for physical damage by running the surface scan
> test? It might be a problem with the hard drive itself. Since i have created
> one many times i would be tempted to back up my data, reformat the drive by
> writing zeros, reinstall the operating system, restore data, then try and do
> the edrive.
> That error 14 might also have to do with software corruption but not sure
> about that in os x.

Yes, I did a surface scan as well. Result: Pass.

In fact every conceivable Drive and Volume test has been performed on this
drive and given a pass in every case. I am going to Carbon Copy all my files
to a backup, format the drive and copy them back this weekend and see if
that helps.

jg