[Ti] Desktop Icons & Fan Questions

gwallace gwallace at gwi.net
Sat Apr 3 05:32:31 PST 2004

On Apr 2, 2004, at 12:38 AM, Forrest Hill wrote:

> I have an OSX+OS9 Titanium PB 1GB.  I use OSX 10.2.8.  The fan runs
> virtually all the time, even when I am only reading emails or doing
> wordprocessing.  Though it is relatively quiet, the constant fan noise
> is
> disturbing.  If I update to OSX 10.3, will the update possibly reduce
> the
> fan frequency?

I don't notice a change in fan frequency with 10.3, but if I dim the
screen brightness to 2 or 3 "blocks", there's a significant reduction
in "fan time" as well as longer battery life.  I do a lot of reading
on-line and haven't noticed any eye strain with the dim screen--in fact
it seems to be easier on the eyes.