[Ti] Onyx deletion of caches causes system hang

Thomas Hart those at mac.com
Sat Apr 3 07:46:43 PST 2004

	I haven't had any problems with Onyx, though I have only used it once.
	I did use Cocktail this week after seeing it recome=mended in an
article and it turned out to be a disaster. After running the suite of
scripts I lost my hard drive at the next restart. I managed to boot in
9 from an external drive and eventually managed to find the internal
drive. I ended up having to copy, not backup, everything dear to me.
Then I had to erase and reinstall on the internal drive.
	Lesson learned, stick with Tinker Tool and MacJanitor.