[Ti] Removing the speaker, top of Ti needed

John simplymail at ururk.com
Sat Apr 3 16:56:28 PST 2004

> I cannot offer a solution to your problem but I hope it's ok I'm
> adding to this topic...
>
> My tiBook, bought in december of 2002 has always has really quiet
> speakers. im guessing its just the design, and i suppose it makes
> sense but i wondered if anyone else was sort of bugged by what seem to
> be pretty wimpy speakers. not a big deal if you've got externals which
> i do, but not always..

Thanks for the suggestion, but it isn't a problem of tinny speakers. I
should have been clearer. I posted a few days ago that my left speaker
made a horrible popping/hissing noise. I know it shouldn't sound like
that, and the only explanation is that the left speaker is damaged. I
know this for a fact. At low volumes it is fine, but if I put the
speakers up on full blast, the right speaker is OK, the left makes
popping noises. Even if the volume is at 3/4 full volume, the left
speaker pops.

I just figured that if I had to remove my logic board, I might as well
put better speakers in.