[Ti] Memory cover screw replacement

David Grant davidgrant401 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 3 18:05:19 PST 2004

I have tried a vacume. Borrowed a commercial one from a friend (enough
suction to lift a buick) but no luck, must be really caught in the
carpet.

I will try a magnet next.

If I just can't find it, is there a parts source ??

> From: cheshirekat <cheshirekat at pobox.com>
> Subject: Re: [Ti] Memory cover screw replacement
> Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 14:54:05 -0700
>
> On Fri, Apr 02, 2004, the following words from David Grant
> davidgrant401 at yahoo.com, emerged from a plethora of SPAM ...
>
> >This week, I wanted to add more memory. I removed the three screws
> of
> >the cover, added the extra memory (No problems there) and started to
> >replace the cover. Got two of the screws in place (Very small
> screws!)
> >and started to place the third one, and, you guessed it, it slipped
> >fron the pliers I was using to place it. Bounced off the table and
> >dissapeared. I spent 20 min. searching the carpet under my desk, but
> no
> >luck. My questions are...
>
> I'd use a magnet to find that screw. Because you just know that
> walking
> into the house with a replacement in hand is the very moment that you
> will find it.
>
> --
> For each age is a dream that is dying,
> Or one that is coming to birth.
> -Arthur William Edgar O'Shaughnessy
>
> * 867 PowerBook G4 * OS X 10.2.8 * 768 MB Ram *

=====
Due to recent cutbacks, the light at the end of the tunnel has been shut off indefinitely.