Mail and Classic Again

Da Pen macstonelson at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 10 11:40:58 PDT 2004

Thanks to all for the additional comments and
suggestions just received.  I'll keep moving along.
My wife isn't anti-mac, but she likes the familiar and
she is beginning to think the Mac is not so different
problem-wise as windows.

I'll work on the upgrade to 10.3.3, but we only have
dial-up and it gets REAL slow.  I noticed that it
starts at 25Kb/s and goes down to around 4Kb/s rapidly
- why? I've ony ever dealt with small speed drop offs,
say 6Kb/s to 3.5Kbps.  So tonight as we sleep....

Suggestions for the following appreciated (Send
off-list if think appropriate):
1. Virus protection?
2. Is there any stuff I should clean out of the system
that is extra - language files, etc...?
3. Good reference book for learning about Panther?

Grazi. Dave