[Ti] Stereo to mono?

Roger Snyder rogersnyder at pobox.com
Sat Apr 10 12:42:53 PDT 2004

On 4/8/04 23:33, "khyber courchesne" wrote:

>> on 4/7/04 5:20 PM, khyber courchesne at courchesne at onebox.com wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all, does anyone know of a way to get mono in both channels in your
>>> earphones/speakers?  This is in order to use one earbud instead of
>>> two....kind of a weird request, but thought I'd ask anyway...;-)

    Without any soldering or cutting wires >

    You should be able to still pick up a couple of adapters at Radio Shack
that should do it. I don't know if you can find it in one adapter (stereo
mini-plug to mono mini jack) very easily, but something like #1 mono
mini-plug to standard phone jack and #2 standard phone plug to mono mini
jack (stereo or mono) would work.

    I haven't had much problem with this yet, but my 7 year old had no ear
canal on one side (we don't know about the inner ear/hearing yet), so this
will be an issue with him as he grows older. Right now what he listens to
with headphones doesn't matter that much because of the way it is mixed
(mostly children's music and he loves books on tape), but I did rewire a
cheap pair of headphones to mono for him just in case. (Kids are rough on
headphones, (particularly his younger brother) so I stock up on $2-3
headphones for when the current pair breaks.)

-- Roger