[Ti] Powerbook thieving...

William Scammell williamscammell at idesignofboston.com
Mon Apr 19 05:25:35 PDT 2004

>On 4/18/04 3:23 PM, "Dejan Sinadinovic" <sinadin at yuonline.net> wrote:
>
>>  Hey guys, I am planning to spend two weeks with my family in Tunisia
>>  after my Belgrade recital on 22 April. That could be the first
>>  intercontinental travel for my TI Powerbook. What are you doing to
>>  prevent thieving of such a treasure on your journeys?
>
>Honestly? I'd leave it at home unless you *absolutely* need it.
>
>Otherwise, check to see if your hotel has a safe you can leave it in. Make a
>backup. Get insurance. Never let it out of your sight. Carry it in a
>nondescript knapsack.

adding slightly to this: use a boring backpack (padded of course),
*not* a computer satchel/bag. i use an STM bag (made in australia)
that i ordered from laptoptravel.com about 3 years ago for around US
$ 100 -- apparently, this is on sale now for US $ 54.

http://www.laptoptravel.com/cgi-bin/lapt.storefront/4083c3c901a5c00a2717d02a4303066c/Ext/LT_InfoCatalog/ViewProduct/SPORTBACKPACK-1?catid=3354&prodid=SPORTBACKPACK-1

and shawn brings up a good point: if you don't *really* need it,
leave it at home. i only travel with my trusty Ti500 on business,
otherwise it stays at home guarded by my attack cat.  :")

William Scammell                     Creative Director
williamscammell@                        781-956-3548
idesignofboston.com

http://www.idesignofboston.com provides
graphic, advertising, and web site design services.