[Ti] Passwords and such

P. H. Adams phadams at mac.com
Mon Apr 19 18:13:49 PDT 2004

On Apr 15, 2004, at 11:53 PM, TM Buffalo wrote:

> I'm having much trouble with  Mail program ever since I upgraded my OS
> to 10.3.3. Severals times a day I check my emails, (I usually keep
> most of my programs running  but put computer in sleep,)  and it keeps
> asking for my password and will not accept the right one and I must
> quit and start over and then sometimes it doesn't ask for it at all
> and works great.  I always check save keychain thingy and have
> re-entered my password in mail preferences several times.

Try running Keychain First Aid in Keychain Access
(/Applications/Utilities/ by default). From help:

Solving problems with keychains

If you have some experience administering computers, you may be able to
identify and resolve some keychain problems by using Keychain First
Aid.

  With Keychain First Aid, you can:

	▪ 	 Verify and repair keychain settings and permissions
	▪ 	 Reset a keychain (delete a keychain reference while preserving the
keychain file)
	▪ 	 Make the login keychain password the same as the login password
	▪ 	 Set the login keychain as the default keychain
	▪ 	 Set the login keychain to always remain unlocked

  To use Keychain First Aid:

In Keychain Access, choose Window > Keychain First Aid.

  Click Options to see the Keychain First Aid settings listed above.

--
P. H. "Patch" Adams
phadams at mac.com