iChat File Transfer

Sambouka sambouka at mac.com
Wed Apr 21 00:00:58 PDT 2004

This post has nothing to do with Powerbooks, but since I own one, I
trust you guys can help me out here :).

  I am having a problem with my file transfer at work using iChat.  I
tried turning off my firewall to see if it will work, but still
nothing. I haven't tried any other direct file transfer yet. The weird
part is that when i want to open new ports on my firewall, the button
is dimmed. It says I have another firewall running (in which I don't).
The only protection software I have on my mac is Norton AntiVirus.

One more thing though, I am on a LAN at work with a D-Link router. I
doubt we have all the ports closed, but i could be wrong.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Sam
--