[Ti] Converting VHS to DVD

Mark Gibson gibsonm at bigpond.net.au
Wed Apr 21 01:35:45 PDT 2004

At 08:54 +0300 21/4/04, David DelMonte wrote:
>Hi all. anyone had experience doing this? I have a JVC Deck that can
>dub from VHS to DV tape. What software would I need to go from
>either VHS or DV tape to DVD?
>
>Thanks!!
>
>David

David,

Once you get it on DV Tape just use iMovie to import it into a
project, clean it up, and either:

"share" as a DV quality, Quicktime movie.

Once you have that file you can use a superdrive to put the file on a
DVD and play it on you Mac.

OR

You can export it to iDVD from iMovie to make a DVD that will play on
on your DVD player.

So on the Mac side you need a SuperDrive, iMovie and iDVD (or a copy
of iLife '04).

--
Regards,

Mark (}-:

AIM / iChat: gibsonm1

...remember the last time Steve Jobs and Apple came up with new
operating system: it took a long time for someone to come up with a
really bad copy. -- Glenn Verhalle