[Ti] Converting VHS to DVD

Glenn L. Austin glenn at austin-home.com
Wed Apr 21 08:45:01 PDT 2004

on 4/20/04 10:54 PM, David DelMonte at ddelmonte at mac.com wrote:

> Hi all. anyone had experience doing this? I have a JVC Deck that can
> dub from VHS to DV tape. What software would I need to go from either
> VHS or DV tape to DVD?

I've done this -- I ended up recording the VHS onto our DV camera, the
pulling the DV movie into iMovie.

For longer movies it may require some "overlap" of the end of the first
recording with the second recording, and may require the use of DVD Studio
Pro to record the entire movie onto DVD.  I'm thinking about doing this with
some of our favorite VHS (and Laserdisc) movies until they are available on
DVD.

--
Glenn L. Austin <><
Computer Wizard and Race Car Driver