[Ti] Ti/500 No Start Solved, sort of

Jane cbirds at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 22 09:19:15 PDT 2004

On Thursday, April 22, 2004, at 07:36  AM, Dr. Trevor J. Hutley wrote:

> I presume this means they changed the board and that your T-500 is now
> up and running.

Actually it is on the bench waiting for this part.

> I am sure you are relieved to get such a solution.  When I read of all
> the things you had tried, the evidence pointed to something relatively
> serious, rather than just a user problem.

Well, I am not usually wrong (I fix hardware myself) and I have enough
experience to know it was not a user problem. All my other laptops work
from the power supply no matter how long the battery sat empty.

The logic board should have been replaced last time when the power
supply kept being burnt out...in fact, it fried one of their display
computers so you would have thought they would have known! Instead they
sent me home with a new brick.

Fortunately I took it in again when I did.

BTW, what is the standard for the newest Airport cards? Is it b or g? I
haven't decided which one to get yet... if Airport is g, I might have
them toss one in....while they have it open.