[Ti] List name Was "annoyances"

Tarik Bilgin tarik at opalblue.com
Thu Apr 22 13:00:37 PDT 2004

On 20 Apr 2004, at 20:07, kalirhe at umdnj.edu wrote:

> Quoting "Ritz, Daniel" <daniel.ritz at transcore.com>:
>

>> I vote for one list.  I own a Ti and use info on Al as I consider new
>> purchase
>
> Seconded.

yes I agree -- makes sense to me not to break up the community, or push
people into being on 2 lists that are very similar :)

Just had an amazing thought. My Rev A Ti is still going strong,
especially with the new battery I bought for it a month ago.

I can sit here in the living room, with the football on the TV, while I
work on this wonderful computer all complete with wireless
connectivity.

An off-topic request:

I am doing some investigation into the viability of using Mac OS X
Server as an enterprise file (and possibly mail) server, for Windows
and Macintosh clients.

So far so good, Mac OS X can talk Active Directory, so even the windows
clients can authenticate to it.

In fact, having played with the admin tools it really looks like a
great product for the small to medium business to deploy. As usual
though, I have no case studies of any organizations taking full
advantage of OS X in this way....anyone have some experiences of using
it? I am going to trial it whatever happens, but would be good to hear
what it's like, especially in the US where Apple has a much better
presence in the market.