unable to retrieve my iDisk information

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Sat Apr 24 10:48:11 PDT 2004

I want to set up my iDisk so that others can write files to my Public Folder.

I have tried dozens and dozens of times to use the iDisk Utility 101,
which enables the write access to be selected.  BUT every time, it
tells me that it is unable to connect to the iDisk and that it will
Quit.  Not very friendly !

I can mount the iDisk every time, with never a problem, so I am not
sure what kind of access it is looking for.

I wondered if the GetInfo on the Public Folder on my mounted iDisk
might enable me to change the settings, but alas no.

What else can I do??  !!

Is there any other (UNIX) way to make my Public Folder read and write?

This is the second frustration with my Al-book.  There seems no way
to get the Address Book back in to operation (short of reinstalling
the OS).  Correction, third : only once in a blue moon can I get
iChat to connect to anyone.  In fact, a total of once since I have
been connected here in Saudi Arabia.

I would appreciate any ideas.  I have a friend who has 300 Mb of
photos of my daughter's wedding that he can upload via DSL to my
iDisk, just as soon as I get the Write access figured !

regards,  Trevor