[Ti] Server admin?

Jane cbirds at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 24 17:58:08 PDT 2004

On Saturday, April 24, 2004, at 05:37  PM, Michael wrote:

> this is only for OSX Server; to activate PHP and other Web services
> you must follow instructions on sites like www.macdevcenter.com (they
> have a complete tutorial on turning OSX client into a web server), or
> www.afp548.com, which has numerous tutorials on OSX.
>
> This site has excellent instructions for MySQL:
> <http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/mysql/>
>
> All of these instructions require some use of terminal and perhaps
> root level access (not sure, but I think you must have root enabled to
> use the "sudo" command in terminal). If you are creating websites,
> however, it is worth the effort to be able to stick the site you are
> working on in your user/Sites folder then view the site in a browser
> by typing in "localhost/~user/.

I simply removed the pound sign from in front of the two lines I needed
in the httpd.config file as I did here to activate the PHP and then
accessed by my IP so I can see the php render on the pages.. (There may
have been one or two more lines in this older version)
The php is now working great....thanks for the above link.