Multiple Airport Configurations

Devesh at Macpro.ca Devesh at Macpro.ca
Sun Apr 25 14:04:51 PDT 2004

Hi Guys,

Going through Airport Hell just now - having "upgraded" to v3.4 of the
Airport Software and all but losing my already weak connection to my
neighbour's DSL line... So I am juggling with waiting for a fix, vs. trying
to figure out (and brave) the downgrade procedure.

Be that as it may (and not much you can help with) I am perplexed by
something else. First, a note: I am using a Graphite Base Station, and  a
Buffalo g54 PC card on my 400Mhz. Ti - all of which have been functioning
perfectly well together.

I would like to have (at least) 2 configurations for my ABS: one for modem,
and another for Ethernet/DSL.

According to the Help System:
"If you have several different Internet accounts that you want to use for a
base station, you can create different base station configurations and save
them on your hard disk. Choose File > Save As to save a configuration file.
Choose File > Open Configuration File to use a different configuration."

So far so good. I can do that. What I cannot figure out, is how to *apply*
the different settings. If I open the baseconfig file, the buttons for
Update, Restart and Upload are grayed out. It appears all I can do to
effect a change is to edit the active configuration by opening it via the
Configure button in the Airport Admin Utility main window and then updating
that.

Am I missing something obvious?

Regards, Devesh