Panther install problem

David Brostoff brostoffassoc at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 25 15:31:07 PDT 2004

Reading about everyone having such great results with Panther and now
10.3.3, I decided to take the leap myself (I've been mainly a Quark 4
holdout).

On my Ti 667 rev. b 30G with 512 MB of memory, running 9.2.2 and
10.1.5, I load the 10.3 CD (bought yesterday), click Restart on the
first screen that comes up and then get the message, "An error
occurred. Startup Disk was unable to select the install CD as the
startup disk. (-01)."

I have tried working around this by choosing the install CD from the
Startup Disk control panel. The installer runs but near the end gives
the message, "There were errors installing the software. Please try
installing again."

I reformatted the drive, loaded only 9.2.2 and got the same result.

Any suggestions gratefully welcome.

Thank you,

David