[Ti] unable to retrieve my iDisk information

cheshirekat cheshirekat at pobox.com
Sun Apr 25 21:31:20 PDT 2004

On Sun, Apr 25, 2004, the following words from Dr. Trevor J. Hutley
hutley at geneva-link.ch, emerged from a plethora of SPAM ...

>>>I can access my iDisk, other iDisks, BUT I cannot change the access
>>>to MY iDisk.
>>>
>>Have you tried re-installing the iDisk Utility?
>
>yes, I have deleted all trace of it from my Al-book and reinstalled
>from a fresh download.
>
>no change
>
>>How about using the iDisk Utility from another Mac or a pc?
>>

>can you do that?  Remotely change the access permissions ?

Trevor,

It looks like you can only modify access privileges from your own Mac.
Sorry to mislead you.

However, the only suggestions I can offer is what I could find from the
.Mac support pages after logging on to my .Mac account. You may want to
check there for further details. (I may have overlooked something since I
can't duplicate your errors.)

Do you access the internet with Airport? On the .Mac support site, it
suggested that you may want to add your ISPs IP address(es) to the DNS
servers in the TC/IP settings of your internet preferences if you are
having problems connecting to your iDisk.

Also, can you access your iDisk privileges if you log in to your Mac as a
different or new user? I don't know if a previous version of Airport or
the iDisk Utility might prevent problems with the latest updates.

If you can access other iDisks without any problems, it would rule out a
problem with the WebDAV protocol in Saudi Arabia. If you can access
another's iDisk, maybe you can borrow a little of their iDisk space for
the pictures to be uploaded to, so you can then get to the pictures
yourself. I'd loan you some of mine, though I only have about 50Mb
available, if that will help you. It would have to be just for a few days
since I'm getting ready to learn to use my new FireWire/USB DVD burner
that just arrived and I plan to put the stuff I definitely don't want to
lose on my iDisk. (Have yet to decide which brand of media to stock up
on.) Let me know, if I can help you out with some of my iDisk space.

cheshirekat

--
For each age is a dream that is dying,
Or one that is coming to birth.

* 867 PowerBook G4 * OS X 10.2.8 * 768 MB Ram *