[Ti] unable to retrieve my iDisk information

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Mon Apr 26 01:18:45 PDT 2004

At 22:31 -0600 25/4/04, cheshirekat wrote:
>It looks like you can only modify access privileges from your own Mac.
>Sorry to mislead you.

That is what I expected.  No problem.

>However, the only suggestions I can offer is what I could find from the
>.Mac support pages after logging on to my .Mac account. You may want to
>check there for further details. (I may have overlooked something since I
>can't duplicate your errors.)
>
>Do you access the internet with Airport?

no.  Either from the LAN at the College or dial-up at home.

>On the .Mac support site, it
>suggested that you may want to add your ISPs IP address(es) to the DNS
>servers in the TC/IP settings of your internet preferences if you are
>having problems connecting to your iDisk.

I called my ISP.  They gave me the DNS addresses.
Appears not to have helped.	:-(

>Also, can you access your iDisk privileges if you log in to your Mac as a
>different or new user?

I will try this new idea, later today.

>If you can access other iDisks without any problems, it would rule out a
>problem with the WebDAV protocol in Saudi Arabia.

I can access my iDisk and other iDisks without problem.

>If you can access
>another's iDisk, maybe you can borrow a little of their iDisk space for
>the pictures to be uploaded to, so you can then get to the pictures
>yourself.

That is a work a round.  I may have another server that I could use for that.

>I'd loan you some of mine, though I only have about 50Mb
>available, if that will help you.
>Let me know, if I can help you out with some of my iDisk space.

50 Mb may be too little !  But thank you very much for the offer.

Trevor