[Ti] Al-book scratch

Roger Snyder rogersnyder at pobox.com
Mon Apr 26 08:04:44 PDT 2004

    I have the blistered chipped paint on the outer bezel. I like the dark
brown/black underneath and have thought of taking all the light silver paint
off  and having a nice smooth service, though I don't know there is a clean
way to do this.

    Also, do to a nice job I think the entire machine would have to come
apart, and while I don't mind to much taking laptops apart, (I'm about to
replace the TI's hard drive again - luckily the replacement I'm replacing
had two week left on the warranty) I don't know about taking the TI down to
a unattached bezel it I even knew how to safely remove the paint.

    But then again, I replaced the hinge/screen from in my wife's iBook,
which meant taking it down to the mother board and lots of pieces (there was
little left on that could be taken off without a soldering iron) so maybe...

    But that reminds me, time to shut down and pull the drive out.

--
Roger