[Ti] Capturing Video & Audio that is being streamed while online

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Mon Apr 26 22:26:42 PDT 2004

>I would like to capture to a file some presentations that are not designed for capture. These presentations are streamed on demand. What possibilities do I have to capture these for later viewing when I am not attached to the Net?

I figured out that there must be a temp file created during the download and playing of the movie since once it has downloaded entirely, I can scrub the movie back and forth. I can also replay it up till I close the window of the Safari player. I've found the temp file that QuickTime creates for the download that I am wanting to save. It is created in and named similar to:

Mac HD/private/tmp/501/TemporaryItems/QTPluginTemp80403

If I close the browser window that is used to show the QuickTime movie, then the temp file disappears. But I can create a copy of the temp file on my desktop and that remains after the temp file disappears.

But what do I need to do with the 7MB file to make it playable?
--

Robert Ameeti

If God did not exist it would be necessary to invent Him.

- Voltaire