[Ti] Al-book scratch

cheshirekat cheshirekat at pobox.com
Mon Apr 26 22:56:52 PDT 2004

On Mon, Apr 26, 2004, the following words from Dr. Trevor J. Hutley
hutley at geneva-link.ch, emerged from a plethora of SPAM ...

>The Apple design is
>really streets ahead of the game.  Although Sony seem to catch up
>pretty quickly.

When I was almost ready to buy my current PowerBook, I was really
considering a Sony, or Toshiba because I hadn't fully convinced myself to
stick with a Mac. I've known a few people who bought Sony's since buying
my PowerBook, and I'm glad I didn't switch to pc. One reason, the screen
is glossy and glare and reflection is quite annoying. Even fingerprint
smudges seem magnified. I haven't met a Sony laptop user who has removed
those extremely noticeable and colorful stickers off the wrist area.
Although, I'd probably be tempted to leave them in place myself due to
the suggestion of adhesive residue under the wrists.

The day-old Sony I played with today didn't make me envious. It had to be
at least 2.5 pounds heavier than my Ti, lacked Firewire port and the
screen was smaller. I also prefer my slot-loading CD drive and the lack
of distracting latch mechanisms around my monitor. I did like the
keyboard better than my Ti keyboard, with the exception of the Fn key
placement.

cheshirekat