[Ti] Al-book scratch

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Tue Apr 27 04:04:26 PDT 2004

At 21:02 -0400 26/4/04, Dave Morrison wrote:
>>Are the albooks anodized?  I don't think they are.  I <think> its just
>>straight sandblasted aluminum...
>
>Yep, because I remember Steve Jobs introducing the new Albook and he said
>that it was "hard anodized" (as opposed to "soft" anodized?). ;-)

Dave - thanks for the confirmation.  I made my statement that the
aluminium was anodized on the basis of observation of the surface
texture and properties, and my knowledge as a materials scientist.
Glad to have confirnmaiton from the source !  Who knows, one day I
oculd make it as a metallurgist.....

Trevor