[Ti] disappearing cursor/frozen Al-book

David david.powerbook at firemail.de
Tue Apr 27 05:26:11 PDT 2004

On 4/27/04 7:04 AM, "Dr. Trevor J. Hutley" <hutley at geneva-link.ch> wrote:

> Three times today this has happened: the cursor has disappeared, and
> the keyboard is totally unresponsive (Char Lock works).
> ALT-APPLE-ESC does nothing,   The Powerbook is completely locked.
> I have to do a restart (CTL APL PWR).
>
> I have never seen this before with OS X/Panther.
>
> It seems totally uncharacteristic.
>
> Has anyone seen this?  Any idea what is happening ?
>
> There is no pattern with these occurences.  One was when I was away
> for a few minutes, one was when I was saving a Safari page, and one
> just happened.

This is one of the symptoms I experienced when I first bought my alBook and
it turned out to be a bad memory upgrade. It is exactly for times such as
these that I have an emergency partition as well as an emergency account.
Unless you have recently added a new haxie or done a system level update,
I'll bet it is hardware related. But it is nice to be able to do a quick
restart into my emergency partition to check it out.