[Ti] TiPB Power Adaptor

Mark C. Langston mark at bitshift.org
Tue Apr 27 14:05:21 PDT 2004

On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 04:43:24PM -0400, Leander Hutton wrote:
> Is the power adaptor for the TiPB covered under warranty for fraying?  I
> went to unplug it this morning and it gave me a decent sized jolt. So I went
> down to the campus computer store and I had to buy a new one because they
> said that Apple doesn't cover it under warranty.  Is this true?

APple refuses to acknowledge any problem exists with the "white brick"
power adapters, Apple part #661-1798.  Doesn't matter how many have been
returned for this exact problem.  Doesn't matter how many times
individuals have had to exchange power adapters repeatedly for the same
problem (when someone can manage to talk AppleCare or a store employee
into exchanging it).

Apple steadfastly refuses to admit there's any problem at all with part
#661-1798.

Of course, they quietly replaced part #661-1798 with part #661-3048 a
little while ago, with no explanation.  Same shape, same design, same
wattage.

Oddly, however, the rubber boots on the two parts differ.

I've got a boxed, sealed, never-opened #661-1798 that they won't
exchange for a #661-3048.  Because, you see, there's nothing wrong with
#661-1798.  Never has been, never will be.  That's their story, and
they're sticking to it.

--
Mark C. Langston                                    Sr. Unix SysAdmin
mark at bitshift.org                                       mark at seti.org