Anybody tried any of those external batteries yet?

Wilson Ng wilsonng at mail.com
Tue Apr 27 21:43:51 PDT 2004

I used to brag to my friends about getting approximately 2 hours of power on
my powerbook. Heck, I used to remember the days of showing off my Lombard
and 2 batteries.

After using Panther, I'm down to 1.5 hours. I can't live without Panther now
but am disappointed by the life of the battery now. Can't finish a 2 hour
movie. Yep, the hack "Silent Night" doesn't work on Panther either.

Yes, I've reset the PRAM, conditioned the battery, set processor speed to
reduced, and dim the backlight to as low as tolerable, and quit unneccessary
applications but it would be nice to have a little longer battery time.

I've been looking at some of those external batteries that appear to fit
under your laptop. Has anyone tried any one of those and have any
recommendations?

I remember visiting a place that had a battery that can also be used to
connect multiple devices like an iPod, cellphone, PDA, or whatever device at
the same time. I can't remember the name of the company. Any leads?

So far, I've looked at:

http://www.brilliantstore.com/battery/laptop-apple/apple.htm

(I found this in the back of a MacWorld magazine ad)
http://www.lindelectronics.com/cgi-bin/store/shop.cgi/!ORDERID!/ppack/MP90-G
4/dbx_gen_detail_product

http://www.sacramentoelectronics.com/high_capacity/laptop/apple/apple_laptop
s.html

(This was a web log I found about another guy looking for an external
battery)
http://www.crazybob.org/roller/page/crazybob/20031201

Heck, I don't even know if some of those places sell the same batteries or
not!

Oh yeah, before I forget - I have a 1st generation G4 Titanium 400 Mhz and a
1st generation G4 12".

:-)  Wilson - Guam, U.S.A.

- - - P L E A S E   C U T   A L O N G   D O T T E D   L I N E - - -
You can bend my ear
We can talk all day
Just make sure I'm around
When you've finally got something to say.  -- TOAD THE WET SPROCKET