App to Measure Network Volume?

Johndan Johnson-Eilola johndan at clarkson.edu
Wed Apr 28 06:21:13 PDT 2004

This is slightly off topic, but is anyone aware of an application that
would measure the volume of data uploaded and downloaded over network
connections on a TiBook (i.e., number of k or megs over time). I'd like
to calculate my average data production/consumption via the network for
a project I'm working on. (I could probably manually calculate these
things by studiously logging every email, instant message, Internet
radio stream, weblog posting, etc., but the measurement would probably
affect the activities themselves.

You can reply off list to avoid pulling things further off topic. (If
anyone is interested in the replies I get, drop me a note at
johndan at clarkson.edu and I'll let you know what I find out.)

Thanks,

Johndan Johnson-Eilola
Technical Communications